Hey Gang! I wanted to share some further tips on taking care of your face and your skin care routine. If you have sensitive or acne prone skin, it is highly beneficial to use argan oil as part of your facial routine and as a treatment for acne or acne scars.
Despite the fact that it may seem odd to be telling you to add oil to your acne prone skin, it has proven to work miracles. Maybe you have tried just about everything on the market to get your complexion to where you want it and nothing has worked. Truth be told, most acne products on the market today are full of all sorts of toxic chemicals, including those known to cause cancer.
But you have to use something, right? So what do you use? Argan oil!
Here Is a Great Routine Using Argan Oil For Face to Drastically Improve the Look of Your Complexion:
1. Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser. Do not use anything clarifying that will strip your face of its natural oils. Doing so only tells your skin to produce more oil and this is what you want to avoid.
2. Pat your face dry with a clean terry towel. You want to leave your face ever so slightly damp.
3. Take a few drops of argan oil and apply gently to the face and neck in circular motion. Use moderate pressure and massage any areas that exhibit acne, scars, wrinkles and fine lines.
4. Let the oil absorb into your skin. If you are doing this routine in the evening, argan oil will not stain your pillowcases. Reapply argan oil in the morning. If you are applying make up, simply wait 2-3 minutes for the oil to absorb.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Face:
1. Skin moisturizer – Argan oil naturally contains an ingredient called sterolins. Sterolins promote healthy skin cell metabolism and help your skin retain more moisture. Also, argan oil benefits skin health as it contains unsaturated fatty acids that help soften the skin.
2. Acne and acne scars – Since argan oil regulates the sebum production, which causes acne, its use can help reduce further breakouts. The vitamin E naturally present in the oil contains anti-oxidants that help remove damaged cells and help new ones grow, therefore fading acne scars. When it comes to acne and acne scars, there are many solutions that augment direct application of argan oil to your face, check this out this great post for 21 easy things you can do today to get rid of acne fast and naturally.3. Anti-aging – When applied on face, the anti-oxidants in argan oil benefit skin health by preventing damage from oxidation in the environment, such as pollution and UV radiation. Tocopherols (vitamin E) and fatty acids such as Linoleic acid, naturally present in the oil, fight free radicals and improve elasticity and cell strength of facial skin.
4. Makeup remover – The oil can also act as a safe and effective makeup remover. Because it is safe to come in contact with the eyes, argan oil can also be used in the removal of eye makeup, such as liner and mascara without any discomfort. Simply add a few drops of argan oil to a piece of cotton and wipe away any make up.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Different Skin Types:
1. Dry skin – Dry skin does not produce enough sebum and therefore cannot keep the skin moist. Argan oil works to balance the sebum production of the skin, resulting in the skin retaining more moisture. Apart from hydrating your skin, it can also reduce itching and flakiness.
2. Sensitive skin – Since our argan oil is 100% natural and organic, it poses near no risk for even the most sensitive skin, although you should always test out new products on a small patch of skin first to ensure you are not allergic. It can help address skin problems, such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea that are commonly associated with this sensitive skin. This healing properties of the oil is due to its anti-inflammatory agents like anti-oxidants and vitamin E.
3. Oily skin – Oily skin produces more sebum than necessary to compensate for the lack of moisture, therefore causing acne. Argan oil balances sebum production so your skin doesn’t produce excess oil. It is also important not to use clarifying soaps and cleansers that strip the oil from your face as this will further increase sebum production resulting in further oil production.
4. Combination skin – Combination skin type is a symptom of a condition known as Seborrhea where some parts of the face, like nose and forehead are oily while the other parts are dry. Argan oil benefits skin by balancing the oil production and evening out the differences between the dry and oily areas of face for an all around better looking complexion.
5. When choosing an argan oil, it is a good idea to stay away from impure argan oil or argan oil with additives. Impurities can damage the skin. As you start using argan oil for face treatments, pay attention to how your body reacts, as some people may develop an allergic reaction to the oil.
Want more info? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for instructional videos on more of the many great benefits and ways to use argan oil on your face, hair, nails, skin and feet.
Pick up a bottle of argan oil today and start improving your complexion!
Have you tried argan oil for face concerns? We’d love to hear your experience, please share!
Inspire Beauty, Naturally!