Howdy Ya’ll! I wanted to try out a recipe for an argan oil body butter. Before today I had never made a homemade body butter, so this blog will likely have a few updates as my recipe is perfected.
Here is what you will need:
Deep Glass Bowl, Hand Mixer, Container for Storage, Organic Argan Oil, Unrefined Shea Butter and an essential oil of choice.
Depending on how much body butter you want to make, you can double or triple the recipe.
Here is the recipe:
1. Add to your bowl 4 ounces of Unrefined Shea Butter (I used Better Shea Butter’s Ivory – which I purchased on Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/100%25-Unrefined-Organic-Shea-Butter/dp/B00D9NV2D4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398283698&sr=8-1&keywords=better+shea+butter)
2. Add 1 ounce of Beauty by Earth Organic Argan Oil (http://www.amazon.com/Argan-Oil-Anti-frizz-Anti-aging-All-natural/dp/B00I134Y82/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1398283799&sr=8-16&keywords=organic+argan+oil)
3. Add 30-40 drops of your favorite essential oil (I used Aura Cacia Lavender – http://www.amazon.com/Aura-Cacia-Essential-Calming-Lavender/dp/B00B86A42Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398283876&sr=8-2&keywords=lavender+essential+oil+aura+cacia)
4. If you would like to add additional oils, just ensure that your liquid oils do not exceed more than about 35% of your recipe formulation.
5. I melted all of the oils down just slightly. You just want them to be soft, so if it is warm where you are, you can entirely omit this step. Use a double boiler – putting your glass bowl inside of a pot with boiling water. Once you start to see some oil melting and your shea butter is soft, remove it from the heat.
6. Using your had mixer, whip your shea butter and oils together. If you decide you want a stronger scent, add some additional essential oils.
7. Viola! You are done. Now rub that baby all over your dry skin. I saved mine in a container for easy use.
Thanks for reading! Inspire Beauty, Naturally!